Third paragraph from the end reads: "On Saturday, Sheridan, who was staying at home with her parents during the university holiday, died after taking an overdose of anti-depressants."
18 July 2007
SUICIDAL STUDENT'S BEBO CRY FOR HELP
Despair poured out online
By Paula Murray
A DEPRESSED teenager turned her personal website into an online cry for help in the weeks before she took her own life.
Her friends used their Bebo pages to tell each other about their favourite music, films and hobbies.
But Sheridan Vivian, 19, opened up her heart on her page, posting a heartbreaking list of the devastating problems in her life and begged: "I want to be loved."
She admitted to shocked fellow university students that she wanted to kill herself.
Then days after she last logged on to the site, Sheridan - who called herself "Suicidal Idol" online - overdosed on depression medication.
The psychology student at Dundee University signed up to Bebo just a few weeks ago.
She used the social networking site to catch up with friends from her course while they were on their summer holidays between their second and third years.
On her personal profile the voluntary worker told them she dreamed of becoming a counsellor because her greatest love in life was helping others.
But she also revealed how she suffered from depression and other mental health problems, obsessive compulsive disorder and an eating disorder.
Sheridan also admitted her biggest fear in life was rejection.
The student said she dreamed of having "a life worth living" - and in a heartbreaking confession, said that she wanted to take her own life.
Sheridan, of Forfar, Angus, wrote: "I'm just some girl with a dream of a life worth living for. I want to become acounsellor - one of the best.
"I want to hang on to the people important to me - and not have them leave me.
"I want to be loved - is that so much to ask?
"I am dealing with depression, suicidality, I have OCD and I worry too much.
"I self-harm and I'm dealing with an eating disorder."
On Saturday, Sheridan, who was staying at home with her parents during the university holiday, died after taking an overdose of anti-depressants.
Friends, still to learn of her death, have continued to post comments on her page, asking about her holidays.
Yesterday, a police spokeswoman said there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death and said a report would be given to the procurator fiscal.