Last paragraph reads: "An inquest into her death was opened and adjourned in Norwich on Wednesday to a date to be fixed. The cause of death was said to be an overdose of anti-depressants."
School mourns loss of Nikita
A school was in shock this week following the death of a promising young student.
Nikita McLean, of Winchester Way, Thetford, died at West Suffolk Hospital, in Bury St Edmunds, on July 10.
The 15-year-old, who attended Rosemary Musker High School, was known as a lively and fun-loving girl, said headteacher John Lucas.
Mr Lucas said Nikita would be missed and remembered with warmth and fondness.
"Nikita, known as Kita to those who knew her best, was a lively, fun-loving Year 10 student who was a loyal friend of many students throughout the school," said Mr Lucas.
"Nikita had a generous heart and had been involved in community activities such as the Sure Start garden, through the PAYP programme (Positive Activities for Young People).
"She had also been asked to be a mentor for the PAYP scheme, working with other students to help them develop their social and life skills."
Trained staff from the children's services department of Norfolk County Council have been at the school this week offering advice and support to both staff and pupils.
Students were sent home with a letter last Friday, informing parents of the funeral and giving those pupils who wished to attend the service the opportunity to pay their respects.
The annual Key Stage 4 prize giving for Years 9 and 10, which was due to take place yesterday, was cancelled until further notice.
"In addition, Nikita had just recently completed a very positive work experience at a local infant school and said then that she was hoping to work with young children when she had finished her education.
"We are all deeply saddened by Nikita's death she will be sorely missed," added Mr Lucas.
Nikita's funeral was held at St Cuthbert's Church, in Thetford, yesterday.
An inquest into her death was opened and adjourned in Norwich on Wednesday to a date to be fixed. The cause of death was said to be an overdose of anti-depressants.
21 July 2006