Ann Tracy, Ph.D., Executive Director of the International Coalition for Drug Awareness, confirmed through a telephone call with the husband that this woman was taking Lexapro at the time of the murder-suicide.
Local woman, child die in suicide/homicideBy Jon Johnson, Staff Writer
Police officers found the bodies of a Thatcher woman and her 2-year-old son in their family garage on Saturday in what the police are calling a suicide/homicide.
Paula Parmeter and son, Ryan, had apparently expired from carbon monoxide poisoning, according to information from the Thatcher Police.
Thatcher Police Chief Mike McEuen said officers were called to the residence of Tim and Paula Parmeter at 11:23 a.m.
Upon the discovery, an ambulance was called as well as the medical examiner, who pronounced Paula and Ryan dead at the scene.
According to Chief McEuen, Thatcher Police are waiting on autopsy results before the cause of death can be finalized, but preliminary evidence from the scene suggests it was a suicide/homocide.
"A lot of times people do something like this for sympathy and then try to back out" McEuen said, "but by then it's too late. The carbon monoxide just puts you to sleep."
A memorial for Ryan is planned for Thursday.